Craving

Bowing before 
the new blue 
second sun 
with tail in hand,


tapping away 
on the altar 
with my fingertips,


restraining myself 
from snaring 
another pill


instead of
the psychostimulants
I am chewing
lip & nail


until the grinding 
begins again 
again 
again


the mesolimbic
reward pathway


positioned midbrain
releases the glory


nonsense flows forth
synapses firing


This is another's voice
not mine
needing
screaming
...just 1 more
just 1 more please...
I defy it
I deny it


I will stand 
all of those feelings
in a line & execute them
one at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Excellently written. Very evocative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Expressive, strident, and haunting. I enjoyed it very much!


    *~ MAJK ~*
    Safireblade.com
    A to Z Challege

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate the feedback. Thank you for reading.

    ReplyDelete